Fair Is Fair Trade Coffee Screen Print
Fair is Fair Trade, silkscreen.
Open edition & hand screen printed art print.
Back by popular demand! This is a brand new edition of our very popular, and very sold out Fair Is Fair Trade art print. Now reprinted and benefitting Fair Trade USA (see below).
My oh my, I love coffee so. And it makes me so happy to get to put my love for coffee down on paper in silkscreen inks! Might just scoot off to make another cup now. Mmmmmm.
This print was originally created in 2008 as a part of a coffee-themed art show to benefit a Peruvian fair trade collective. The text below the cup reads: “Fair is fair * Justo es justo”, a belief and practice that we think ought to be as ubiquitous as the iconic Greek diner & NYC take out cups.
Additional photos are from the hand silkscreen printing process.
- Inks: 3 colors from 3 screens with dark roast-coffee brown with dark roast-coffee brown, bright clear blue and sun-bright-orange hand-mixed and non-toxic water based silkscreen inks.
- Edition: Open and each print is hand signed and titled.
- Size: 16 x 22 inches (40.6 cm x 55.9 cm.)
- Paper: Archival, no-acid, recycled content, American made Cougar Opaque White, 100lb cover weight.
- Fits beautifully into either a standard 16" x 20" frame by trimming the border, or into an 18" x 24" frame as is with a 1" matte.
A portion of the sale of each of these prints goes to Fair Trade USA, a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization that audits and certifies transactions between U.S. companies and their international suppliers to guarantee that the farmers and workers producing Fair Trade Certified goods are paid fair prices and wages, work in safe conditions, protect the environment and receive community development funds to empower and uplift their communities. Fair Trade USA educates consumers, brings new manufacturers and retailers into the Fair Trade system, and provides farmers with tools, training and resources to thrive as international businesspeople.