Autumn Cardinal & Birch Trees silkscreen print
Hand screen printed art print
An ode to my favorite colors & beautiful falling leaves: my Autumn Cardinal, the final print in my Seasons print suite, as we follow our cardinal friend through the falling leaves of an Autumn day.
Here's the background story on this series: We have lots of Cardinals here all year round. I love looking out of my window and seeing these amazing scarlet red birds with color jumping out from wherever they are, and whatever they are up to. Autumn Cardinal is a part of our Cardinal Seasons series of art prints.
And here for Autumn Cardinal, in honor of the my favorite season, our little red fellow is enjoying the changing leaves and bright colors of an Autumn's day.
- Inks: 4 colors with pumpkin orange, bark brown, scarlet red, fresh-leaf green hand-mixed and non-toxic water based silkscreen inks.
- Edition: Open, each with print hand signed, and titled.
- Size: 16 x 22 inches (40.6 cm x 55.9 cm.)
- Paper: Archival, no-acid, recycled content, American made Cougar Opaque White, 100lb cover weight.
- Fits beautifully into either a standard 16" x 20" frame by trimming the border, or into an 18" x 24" frame as is with a matte.
Additional photos are from the hand screen printing process in my studio and show a lovely example of how these prints look framed. (Photo courtesy of Cardamom Press: http://cardamompress.com)